Tiramisu Protein Pancakes
Tiramisu for breakfast? Yes, according to KissMyBroccoli.com. Pair rolled oats with vanilla protein powder, coffee, and vanilla and coffee extracts for pancakes that will get “bravos” from around the table. Even better, these bad boys have a low-fat creamy frosting (aka “filling” when you’re stacking the pancakes) made from cottage cheese and banana. No maple syrup required!
1/3 cup Rolled Oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 large Egg White
1/4 cup Cold Brewed Coffee
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 dash Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
For the pancakes:
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or pancake griddle over medium heat.
2. In a small food processor or blender, ground oats into flour.
3. Combine oat flour, protein powder, ground flax, and baking powder in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg white until frothy.
5. Add coffee and vanilla extract to egg white, stir and add to dry ingredients.
6. Stir until flour is incorporated.
7. Let batter sit at least 5 minutes before continuing.
8. Spoon batter onto skillet surface, forming 3 medium-sized pancakes.
9. Cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until golden brown with crisp edges.
For the sweet “cream” filling:
1. Combine cottage cheese, banana, and extract in a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Spread a layer of filling between each pancake and dust lightly with cocoa powder.